ARIN WHOIS IP Address Database Search
Find out what oganization an IP address is assigned to
ARIN's WHOIS service gives contact and registration information for IP addresses, autonomous system numbers (ASN), organizations or customers that are associated with these resources, and related Points of Contact (POC). It doesn't include information on domain names or military networks.
Enter an IP addresses, autonomous system number (ASN), organization or customer name
To obtain a more specific response, you may conduct a search by using certain flags. Many of these flags can be combined to tailor the desired output. Flags must be separated from each other and from the search term by a space. Your results will vary depending on the refinements you apply in your search. Listed below are the flags currently available; you may only use one flag from each flag-type in a query, i.e. one record type, one attribute, etc.
To limit your query to a specific record type, include one of the following flags:
- Network address space
- Autonomous systems
- End-user customers
To limit your query to a specific record attribute, include one of the following flags:
- Searches for matches by domain-portion of an email address
- Searches for matches by handle or id
- Searches for matches by name
Searches that retrieve a single record will display the full record. Searches that retrieve more than one record will be displayed in list output.
To modify the way that the query results display, include one of the following flags:
- FULL output shows detailed display for EACH match
- LIST output shows summary only, even if single match returned
The + flag cannot be used with the sub-query featured described below.
Records in the ARIN WHOIS database have hierarchical relationship with other records. To display those related records, use the following flags:
- Displays the record related up the hierarchy. For a network, display the supernet, or parent network in detailed format
- Displays the record related down the hierarchy. For a network, display the subdelegations, or subnets, below the network, in list format. For an organization or customer, display the resources registered to that organization or customer, in list format
Wild card queries
WHOIS supports wild card queries. This feature is only supported as a trailing
character option. To take advantage of this append the query with an asterisk
*. This can also be used in combination with any flags defined above.
Other helpful hints
To guarantee matching only a single record, look it up by its handle using a handle-only search. In the record summary line, the handle is shown in parenthesis after the name.
When using a handle to conduct a search for POC information, be sure to add
Queries that return more than 256 results will stop displaying data after the 256th result. You may want to narrow your search criteria or add flags to your query to limit the results.
To search on an individual's name, you may enter the last name, or to further
restrict results, use the last name and first name, separated by a comma. For
What it's good for
- WHOIS search feature for IP addresses
- Procura de informação sobre IPs
- Find domain name owner from IP Address
- Search origin of IPs. kind of a reverse lookup
- ARIN search
- Strumento per trovare la provenienza geografica di un indirizzo IP e che possiede essa
- Find out who is behind that IP address
- Does a reverse IP check
- Look up IP address owner
- IP address search
- Whois IP address lookup
- Research IP addresses
- IP lookup
- Shows ISP network blocks too
- Whois for IP addresses
- IP address tracer
- Search IP address owner
- para realizar un whois a la base de datos de ripe para saber a qué rango pertenece una IP
- IP address reverse lookup
- Good resource for tracking who owns an IP address
- Ferramenta para obter informações do host
- IP address location
- Find out who owns an IP address